This course is based on the design, evaluation and production of didactic materials. It is oriented to students of education, but their contents can be useful to any educational professional. It analyzes general aspect of design and production of means to deeply analyze the materials according to a textual, iconic, sound, audiovisual and digital classification.
Concept of media, resources and materials. Classification of media. Criteria for the design, selection and evaluation of media. General criteria for the didactic use of the media and materials. Printed media. Fixed image media. Moving image media. Audiovisual media. Technological media. Information and Tools of Comunication.
CONTENT UNIT I: PREVIOUS CONCEPTS
UNIT 1. MEDIA, MEANS OF TEACHING AND DIDACTIC MEDIA
- Conceptual analysis.
- Media in the communication processes.
- Configuration of media.
- Means of teaching and mediated teaching.
- Function and implication of media in the teaching and learning processes.
UNIT 2. DESIGN AND TEACHING
- Design of the teaching and design of the media.
- Concept and kind of design.
- General principles of design.
- Technical script and pedagogical script.
UNIT 3. PRODUCTION OF TEACHING MEDIA
- From the design to the production.
- Educative function of the production.
- Possibilities of the production in an educational context.
- Phases of the production.
UNIT 4. EVALUATION OF TEACHING MEDIA
- Models for the evaluation of media.
- Design and evaluation.
- Evaluation of hardware.
- Evaluation of software and/or courseware.
CONTENT UNIT II: GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR THE DESIGN AND THE PRODUCTION OF TEACHING MEDIA AND MATERIALS
UNIT 5. VISUAL MEDIA
- The language of the image: characteristics of the fixed image.
- The image as teaching resource.
- Printed image vs shown image.
UNIT 6. AUDIBLE MEDIA
- Oral communication: teacher as a teaching resources.
- Integration of audible media in the classroom.
- School Radio.
UNIT 7. VERBICONIC MEDIA
- Characteristics of the printed didactic materials: “bimedia” message.
- Design and production of printed materials in different medium.
- Design and production of slides.
- Visual presentations: power poin.
UNIT 8. AUDIOVISUAL MEDIA
- Possibilities and limits of audiovisual media in education.
- Design and production of didactic video.
- Educative, school and cultural televisión: design and production of programs.
UNIT 9. NEW TECHNOLOGIES: INFORMATIC AND TELEMATIC
- Computer as a resource for the design and production of media.
- Hipermedia: didactic models to organize the information.
- Materials on line: the interface of communication with the student.